Pc’s new role to tackle youth crime
TACKLING youth crime is top of the agenda for Royston s former community police officer. Pc Colin Mingay, who is now a youth crime reduction officer. He said: I have gradually been drawn to youth issues because of the matter of my work as a community pol
TACKLING youth crime is top of the agenda for Royston's former community police officer.
Pc Colin Mingay, who is now a youth crime reduction officer.
He said: "I have gradually been drawn to youth issues because of the matter of my work as a community police officer.
"One of the concerns I had was teenagers' behaviour and the issues young people face and I guess it's progressed from there."
You may also want to watch:
Pc Mingay will be covering the whole of North Herts and turning his attention to schools.
"It's good for schools to have a single point of contact or a name they can call when there's an issue," he said.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
"I'm hoping to develop relationships with children across the area as well as helping with intelligence, getting messages across in schools and backing up my colleagues in Royston with regards to tackling anti-social behaviour."
Pc Mingay said al-though his new role is challenging, he enjoys being out in the community.
He said: "For a long time I have thought that this is where my career was heading so it's nice to be in the seat and having a go at it."
Pc Julie Ann Cundell has taken over from Pc Mingay as Royston's new community officer.
n If anyone has an issue they would like to discuss with Pc Mingay, he can be contacted on 0845 33 00 222.