Pc’s new role to tackle youth crime
TACKLING youth crime is top of the agenda for Royston s former community police officer. Pc Colin Mingay, who is now a youth crime reduction officer. He said: I have gradually been drawn to youth issues because of the matter of my work as a community pol
TACKLING youth crime is top of the agenda for Royston's former community police officer.
Pc Colin Mingay, who is now a youth crime reduction officer.
He said: "I have gradually been drawn to youth issues because of the matter of my work as a community police officer.
"One of the concerns I had was teenagers' behaviour and the issues young people face and I guess it's progressed from there."
You may also want to watch:
Pc Mingay will be covering the whole of North Herts and turning his attention to schools.
"It's good for schools to have a single point of contact or a name they can call when there's an issue," he said.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
"I'm hoping to develop relationships with children across the area as well as helping with intelligence, getting messages across in schools and backing up my colleagues in Royston with regards to tackling anti-social behaviour."
Pc Mingay said al-though his new role is challenging, he enjoys being out in the community.
He said: "For a long time I have thought that this is where my career was heading so it's nice to be in the seat and having a go at it."
Pc Julie Ann Cundell has taken over from Pc Mingay as Royston's new community officer.
n If anyone has an issue they would like to discuss with Pc Mingay, he can be contacted on 0845 33 00 222.