Pay details too late for survey
THE salary of North Herts District Council s chief executive John Campbell has NOT been disclosed in a pay package survey of local authorities. But the district council says there is nothing to hide – it was just a question of replying too late to a Freed
THE salary of North Herts District Council's chief executive John Campbell has NOT been disclosed in a pay package survey of local authorities.
But the district council says there is nothing to hide - it was just a question of replying too late to a Freedom of Information Act request from the Taxpayers Alliance.
The alliance approached every local authority in the country in a bid to reveal the pay package of chief executives.
A spokesman for North Herts said: "We do declare the earnings of our senior staff on our website in our annual statement of accounts," he said.
You may also want to watch:
He added that the district council did reply too late to the survey from the alliance.
This reveals that there is one person in a senior position earning between £100,000 to £109,999-a-year.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
South Cambridgeshire District Council refused to be part of the survey and is now the subject of an appeal to the Information Com-missioner.
The survey did reveal, however, that Caroline Tapster, chief executive of Herts County Council, received a pay package of £201,485.
In Cambridgeshire, the pay last year for former chief executive Ian Stewart was £195,000.