Pavilion gets £20,000 for repair work
ASHWELL pavilion has been awarded a grant of more than £20,000 to help meet the cost of much needed repair work. The grant of £23,955 is coming from the Landfill Community Fund, which is distributed by Waste Recycling Environmental (Wren) to projects whic
ASHWELL pavilion has been awarded a grant of more than £20,000 to help meet the cost of much needed repair work.
The grant of £23,955 is coming from the Landfill Community Fund, which is distributed by Waste Recycling Environmental (Wren) to projects which will enhance community life.
Jane Porter, for Ashwell Parish Council, said: "It is at least 20 years since the pavilion was last refurbished, so we are delighted to have this funding.
"We hope to put in a new water system, new showers, and make repairs to the roof."
You may also want to watch:
The pavilion is used by the village football and cricket teams, as well as for community events.
Mrs Porter said the parish council would be arranging a meeting with all the regular user groups to discuss when the best time would be for the repairs to take place. She added: "Wren has been generous to Ashwell, and we hope to be able to get the refurbishment of the pavilion under way as soon as possible."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
In May, Wren provided a £10,000 grant to fund the final stage of a project to refurbish the playground on Ashwell recreation ground.