Patient in ‘life-threatening condition’ after car crashes into ditch near Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A patient was taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition last night after a car crashed into a ditch near Meldreth.
An East Anglian Air Ambulance, numerous ambulance personnel, Cambridgeshire firefighters and police were all called to Malton Lane after reports at around 10pm of a car ending up in a ditch.
Firefighters worked to free one person from the wreckage, with a second already out of the car when they arrived.
One patient suffered a serious leg injury and was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge in a life-threatening condition, an ambulance spokesman has said.
The second patient was conscious and breathing and was also taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s. The condition of the second patient is not believed to be life-threatening, the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
No further information about the two people involved is available at this stage.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford