Party time as Age UK celebrates 10th birthday in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop in Royston has hailed its 10th birthday celebrations as a great success after a party was held in the store at the weekend.
About 100 people turned up to the shindig at Age UK in Church Lane to mark the dedicated decade of operations in the town.
The merriment involved a tombola, vintage clothing and bric a brac sale.
Budding volunteers also got involved making fresh cakes for the bake sale.
Manager Janice Farrelly said: “The event went very well. Everyone got involved throughout the course of the day which was great. People really enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
“The nice weather helped a lot. We sold lots of things.”
Age UK is the country’s biggest charity dedicated to helping older people.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
You can find out more about the important work the organisation does by visiting the website at www.ageuk.org.uk.