Party time as Age UK celebrates 10th birthday in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop in Royston has hailed its 10th birthday celebrations as a great success after a party was held in the store at the weekend.
About 100 people turned up to the shindig at Age UK in Church Lane to mark the dedicated decade of operations in the town.
The merriment involved a tombola, vintage clothing and bric a brac sale.
Budding volunteers also got involved making fresh cakes for the bake sale.
Manager Janice Farrelly said: “The event went very well. Everyone got involved throughout the course of the day which was great. People really enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
“The nice weather helped a lot. We sold lots of things.”
Age UK is the country’s biggest charity dedicated to helping older people.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
You can find out more about the important work the organisation does by visiting the website at www.ageuk.org.uk.