Park now pay later scheme
PASSENGERS using Royston railway station are now able to pay for car parking using a mobile phone. Train operator First Capital Connect has launched the Park & Pay by Phone scheme at Royston, Ashwell and Morden, and Meldreth. The scheme has been launched
PASSENGERS using Royston railway station are now able to pay for car parking using a mobile phone.
Train operator First Capital Connect has launched the Park & Pay by Phone scheme at Royston, Ashwell and Morden, and Meldreth.
The scheme has been launched after a trial period
Karen Boswell, First Capital Connect customer services director, said: "Many of us have been in the position when you are frantically searching for the right change at a parking ticket machine and you can see your train approaching.
You may also want to watch:
"Park & Pay means you can board that train and then pay from your mobile phone.
"It is just one of the flexible payment methods we have put in place to make it easier for our customers when using our stations and car parks," she said.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 6 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
The system allows customers to use the automated voice system or send a text message to pay for up to 31 days of parking by simply calling or sending a text message from a mobile phone within 30 minutes of parking their vehicle.
Promotional leaflets and posters setting out all the options for payment for car parking are being distributed and displayed at stations.