Parish curate on the move
ROYSTON Parish Church s curate, the Rev Averil Laukner, is set to leave to take up a new role in Lichfield. Mrs Laukner has been curate at the parish church for the past three years. She will start her new job as associate minister for the parish of Chri
ROYSTON Parish Church's curate, the Rev Averil Laukner, is set to leave to take up a new role in Lichfield.
Mrs Laukner has been curate at the parish church for the past three years.
She will start her new job as associate minister for the parish of Christchurch, and Lichfield Town in September.
She said: "I have mixed emotions about leaving. I've had a great time in Royston, but always knew I would only be here for three or four years as being a curate is a training position.
"In this job you get to meet so many people and build up relationships with them, so there are a lot of faces I'm going to miss.
"I'm looking forward to the new challenges that await me," she said.
- 1 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 9 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
"There are a lot of things which I will now be solely responsible for, so it's very exciting yet scary at the same time."
Mrs Laukner's last Sunday in Royston will be on August 12.
She and her husband will then be moving to Lichfield, before embarking on a holiday in Switzerland and Northern Italy.
She said one of the highlights of her time at Royston was working with young people.
"The core of my ministry has been working with children and their families and I have found that I just love working with children.
"I've also shared special times in a lot of peoples lives, including weddings and even funerals, which have been very moving," she added.