Parents left waiting on uniform orders
PARENTS who ordered school uniforms for their children from a Royston store are still waiting for them to arrive six weeks into the new term.
The Uniform Shop, in the High Street, closed in mid-September, with notices in the shop window stating that it would reopen on September 29, though online orders were still being accepted and processed.
However, it has remained shut ever since, leaving parents who have paid up front in the dark as to when their children’s clothes will arrive.
One mother, who asked not to be named, said: “I returned two pairs of trousers at the beginning of term to be exchanged for a larger size, which wasn’t held in stock. Since then the shop has been closed and I have been unable to contact them.
“I spoke to the shopkeepers nearby and they said other people have been round who are in the same boat.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just glad I only ordered two items, as a whole school uniform can cost hundreds of pounds.”
The Uniform Shop is an official supplier to schools in and around Royston, including The Meridian School, Melbourn Village College, and Greneway middle school.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Several local schools confirmed to the Crow that their parents had reported some problems with their orders.
Laura Flitton, headteacher at Greneway School, said: “We are aware that there have been difficulties with obtaining school uniform from our local supplier.
“Naturally, we are keen to support local businesses and the community. However, following problems over the summer holidays, we secured a second supplier of uniform to support parents/carers in ensuring there was an alternative supply option.”
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Trading Standards said: “We are aware that some customers have had difficulties making contact with this shop. Anyone seeking advice should contact Trading Standards via Consumer Direct on 0845 404 0506.”
The Crow tried to contact The Uniform shop by phone and email this week, but was unable to do so.
• Are you waiting for items to arrive from the shop? Email email@example.com