Parents decide on merger for support groups
PARENTS supporting a village school have decided to merge two voluntary groups. Fowlmere Primary School s parent teacher association and the Friends of Fowlmere School have decided to set up one group. The parent teacher association decided to transfer it
PARENTS supporting a village school have decided to merge two voluntary groups.
Fowlmere Primary School's parent teacher association and the Friends of Fowlmere School have decided to set up one group.
The parent teacher association decided to transfer its activities to the new group, the Fowlmere School Parent, Teacher and Friends Association.
The friends association was originally set up to raise £40,000 to be used for school building work.
You may also want to watch:
As the work was completed in May 2005 the group approached the parent-teacher association to look into the merger plan.
Both groups had the same objective: to advance the education of the pupils by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
The merger means that the parent teacher association will gain charity status.