Parents decide on merger for support groups
PARENTS supporting a village school have decided to merge two voluntary groups. Fowlmere Primary School s parent teacher association and the Friends of Fowlmere School have decided to set up one group. The parent teacher association decided to transfer it
PARENTS supporting a village school have decided to merge two voluntary groups.
Fowlmere Primary School's parent teacher association and the Friends of Fowlmere School have decided to set up one group.
The parent teacher association decided to transfer its activities to the new group, the Fowlmere School Parent, Teacher and Friends Association.
The friends association was originally set up to raise £40,000 to be used for school building work.
You may also want to watch:
As the work was completed in May 2005 the group approached the parent-teacher association to look into the merger plan.
Both groups had the same objective: to advance the education of the pupils by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
The merger means that the parent teacher association will gain charity status.