Panto time for CADS
REHEARSALS are underway for this year s Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots. A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS). Director
REHEARSALS are underway for this year's Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots.
A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS).
Director Kathy Wholley said: "It was really difficult to choose this year, with so many talented people wanting to take part, but we do now have our cast and chorus, rehearsals have begun, and I know it'll be a great show."
The pantomime is the traditional Puss in Boots story, but with one or two twists.
You may also want to watch:
It includes the usual ingredients of handsome hero, beautiful princess, evil villain, incompetent henchmen, and pantomime dame, plus, of course, Puss himself.
The show will feature songs, dances, slapstick, and the customary dreadful jokes and looks set to live up to the high standard that Royston audiences have come to expect from CADS.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The pantomime will be performed at Greneway School on January 23 and 30 at 7.30pm, and January 24 and 31 at 2pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £7 (£5 concessions) and will be on sale for the first time at the Greneway Christmas Market, Greneway School, Garden Walk, Royston on Sunday, November 16, 11am-3pm.
The CADS box office opens for telephone bookings from Monday, November 17 on 01763 242906.
For more information, contact Emma Daintrey on 07811 160814 or Kathy Wholley on 01763 223805, or visit http://www.cadsroyston.org.uk