Panto time for CADS
REHEARSALS are underway for this year s Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots. A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS). Director
REHEARSALS are underway for this year's Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots.
A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS).
Director Kathy Wholley said: "It was really difficult to choose this year, with so many talented people wanting to take part, but we do now have our cast and chorus, rehearsals have begun, and I know it'll be a great show."
The pantomime is the traditional Puss in Boots story, but with one or two twists.
You may also want to watch:
It includes the usual ingredients of handsome hero, beautiful princess, evil villain, incompetent henchmen, and pantomime dame, plus, of course, Puss himself.
The show will feature songs, dances, slapstick, and the customary dreadful jokes and looks set to live up to the high standard that Royston audiences have come to expect from CADS.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
The pantomime will be performed at Greneway School on January 23 and 30 at 7.30pm, and January 24 and 31 at 2pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £7 (£5 concessions) and will be on sale for the first time at the Greneway Christmas Market, Greneway School, Garden Walk, Royston on Sunday, November 16, 11am-3pm.
The CADS box office opens for telephone bookings from Monday, November 17 on 01763 242906.
For more information, contact Emma Daintrey on 07811 160814 or Kathy Wholley on 01763 223805, or visit http://www.cadsroyston.org.uk