Panto time for CADS
REHEARSALS are underway for this year s Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots. A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS). Director
REHEARSALS are underway for this year's Royston town pantomime, Puss in Boots.
A record number of potential actors and actresses turned up to audition for the pantomime, which, as usual, is being produced by Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS).
Director Kathy Wholley said: "It was really difficult to choose this year, with so many talented people wanting to take part, but we do now have our cast and chorus, rehearsals have begun, and I know it'll be a great show."
The pantomime is the traditional Puss in Boots story, but with one or two twists.
You may also want to watch:
It includes the usual ingredients of handsome hero, beautiful princess, evil villain, incompetent henchmen, and pantomime dame, plus, of course, Puss himself.
The show will feature songs, dances, slapstick, and the customary dreadful jokes and looks set to live up to the high standard that Royston audiences have come to expect from CADS.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
The pantomime will be performed at Greneway School on January 23 and 30 at 7.30pm, and January 24 and 31 at 2pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £7 (£5 concessions) and will be on sale for the first time at the Greneway Christmas Market, Greneway School, Garden Walk, Royston on Sunday, November 16, 11am-3pm.
The CADS box office opens for telephone bookings from Monday, November 17 on 01763 242906.
For more information, contact Emma Daintrey on 07811 160814 or Kathy Wholley on 01763 223805, or visit http://www.cadsroyston.org.uk