Pair sentenced after being caught with drugs in Cambridgeshire village
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were caught with drugs in Melbourn have been sentenced.
Maximillian Scott, 20, of High Street, Bassingbourn, and Mitchell Wilkinson, 18, of Palmers Way, Melbourn, were caught with cannabis and cash while they were in a car parked in The Moor at 9.40pm on March 25.
Scott pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply cannabis and was sentenced to a 12-month community order with 120 hours’ unpaid work and ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
Wilkinson admitted possession of cannabis and was fined £50 and ordered to pay £85 court costs and £20 victim surcharge.
Both men appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, May 28.
You may also want to watch:
PC Iain Perry said: “We will not tolerate the use and supply of drugs. Anyone who is caught with illegal substances faces being put before the courts.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people