Paeodophile who worked as Cambridgeshire police officer jailed for string of sex offences
- Credit: Archant
A former police officer from Barrington was sentenced to 14½ years in prison yesterday for a string of sexual offences, including rape and taking indecent photographs of children.
Nick Lidstone, of Heslerton Way, was allowed to keep his job at Cambridgeshire police after being convicted of taking pictures up children’s skirts in a Royston Tesco in 2005, but the 54-year-old was dismissed earlier this month after pleading guilty to 13 offences at Norwich Crown Court.
He was found guilty of three counts of rape, three counts of indecency with a child, two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, two counts of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault, one count of indecent assault and one count of taking indecent photographs of a child. The assaults, all committed on the same person, occurred in Steeple Morden, Melbourn and Devon between 1997 and earlier this year.
Lidstone pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecency with a child, two counts of indecent assault, one count of sexual assault and one count of assault by penetration and these will lie on file.
DCC Alec Wood said: “The sentence handed out reflects the horrendous nature of Lidstone’s crimes, which were committed over a prolonged period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We want the public and our own employees to feel confident about raising concerns about the conduct of our officers and staff. We will always investigate these cases thoroughly and ensure any offenders are brought to justice.”
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston