Paeodophile who worked as Cambridgeshire police officer jailed for string of sex offences
- Credit: Archant
A former police officer from Barrington was sentenced to 14½ years in prison yesterday for a string of sexual offences, including rape and taking indecent photographs of children.
Nick Lidstone, of Heslerton Way, was allowed to keep his job at Cambridgeshire police after being convicted of taking pictures up children’s skirts in a Royston Tesco in 2005, but the 54-year-old was dismissed earlier this month after pleading guilty to 13 offences at Norwich Crown Court.
He was found guilty of three counts of rape, three counts of indecency with a child, two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, two counts of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault, one count of indecent assault and one count of taking indecent photographs of a child. The assaults, all committed on the same person, occurred in Steeple Morden, Melbourn and Devon between 1997 and earlier this year.
Lidstone pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecency with a child, two counts of indecent assault, one count of sexual assault and one count of assault by penetration and these will lie on file.
DCC Alec Wood said: “The sentence handed out reflects the horrendous nature of Lidstone’s crimes, which were committed over a prolonged period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We want the public and our own employees to feel confident about raising concerns about the conduct of our officers and staff. We will always investigate these cases thoroughly and ensure any offenders are brought to justice.”
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences