Paedophile Aaron Collis jailed for a minimum of five years
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years. Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminat
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years.
Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminate sentence with a minimum term of five years.
At Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday) he was also placed on the sex offenders register for life and is subject to a sex offenders prevention order for an indeterminate period.
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, Collis' crimes were discovered when his neighbour, Jason Dobney, borrowed a camera which contained a video clip showing Collis abusing a young girl.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andrea Warren, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "Aaron Collis' actions have caused heartache and misery for the parents of his five victims.
"I can only hope that today's sentence can bring some closure for the families involved," she said.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'