Paedophile Aaron Collis jailed for a minimum of five years
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years. Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminat
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years.
Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminate sentence with a minimum term of five years.
At Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday) he was also placed on the sex offenders register for life and is subject to a sex offenders prevention order for an indeterminate period.
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, Collis' crimes were discovered when his neighbour, Jason Dobney, borrowed a camera which contained a video clip showing Collis abusing a young girl.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andrea Warren, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "Aaron Collis' actions have caused heartache and misery for the parents of his five victims.
"I can only hope that today's sentence can bring some closure for the families involved," she said.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing