Paedophile Aaron Collis jailed for a minimum of five years
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years. Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminat
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years.
Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminate sentence with a minimum term of five years.
At Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday) he was also placed on the sex offenders register for life and is subject to a sex offenders prevention order for an indeterminate period.
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, Collis' crimes were discovered when his neighbour, Jason Dobney, borrowed a camera which contained a video clip showing Collis abusing a young girl.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andrea Warren, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "Aaron Collis' actions have caused heartache and misery for the parents of his five victims.
"I can only hope that today's sentence can bring some closure for the families involved," she said.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn