Paedophile Aaron Collis jailed for a minimum of five years
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years. Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminat
A PAEDOPHILE who admitted sexually assaulting young children has been jailed for a minimum of five years.
Aaron Collis, 24, formerly of Worcester Way, Melbourn, had earlier pleaded guilty to 11 offences relating to five girls. He was given an indeterminate sentence with a minimum term of five years.
At Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday) he was also placed on the sex offenders register for life and is subject to a sex offenders prevention order for an indeterminate period.
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, Collis' crimes were discovered when his neighbour, Jason Dobney, borrowed a camera which contained a video clip showing Collis abusing a young girl.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andrea Warren, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "Aaron Collis' actions have caused heartache and misery for the parents of his five victims.
"I can only hope that today's sentence can bring some closure for the families involved," she said.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?