Packed springtime schedule at Arrington’s Wimpole Estate
- Credit: Archant
There’s lots coming up at the Wimpole Estate throughout April.
The regular line-up of events include parkruns on Saturdays at 9am, junior park run on Sundays at 10am, and Wednesday Walk from 11am to 1pm.
Just for April, there will also be a Cadbury Egg Hunt in the gardens every day from April 1 to April 17 at 10.30am to 4.15pm.
Normal admission charge applies, plus a £2.50 charge per trail booklet.
It’s lambing time at Wimpole from April 18, to May 7.
Head to Home Farm to meet the rare breed ewes and lambs and if you’re lucky you may see a live birth. You can also learn more about lambing from farm staff.Normal admission applies.
At 11.30am from April 10 to April 26, the Parkland Carriage rides are a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 6 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 8 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
Experience the luxury of a private carriage ride pulled by a magnificent Shire horse through the Wimpole Estate parkland with a dedicated groom and driver. It costs £60 per group with a maximum of four people.
The Arrington estate, which includes Wimpole Hall, is open from 10.30am to 5pm. For more information go to www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wimpole-estate.