P-51 Mustang Berlin Express lands at IWM Duxford ahead of Flying Legends Air Show
- Credit: Archant
Some legendary aircraft have been soaring in to the IWM Duxford airfield, ready for the Flying Legends Air Show this weekend.
The airshow is famous the world over for its unique presentations of historic piston-engined aircraft in rare combinations and remarkable flying displays.
This year visitors can see up to 45 glorious historic aircraft in over three hours of unsurpassed flying action, culminating each day in the Balbo massed flight finale.
On Tuesday the North American P-51 Mustang Berlin Express landed, following its completion of a historic transatlantic flight from the United States to IWM Duxford to take part in the show.
The aircraft completed a 5,470 mile journey from the US via Canada, Greenland, Iceland and Scotland before arriving on Cambridgeshire soil in the capable hands of pilot Lee Lauderback.
You may also want to watch:
The Flying Legends Air Show on Saturday and Sunday is organised and produced by The Fighter Collection. You’ll need to book your tickets at flyinglegends.com by midnight tomorrow or Saturday for the next day’s show as none are available on the day.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm