Owner of popular diner that relocated due to expense of Melbourn rent invites friends to visit
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an American bar and grill in Melbourn which relocated because the rent was too high is inviting people to check out his new place in Swavesey.
Paul Herbert said he wanted to keep his diner Herbies closer to Royston after he moved out of the Melbourn restaurant in December, and was hoping for the A10 or A505, but to no avail.
He said: “It has been very hard to find somewhere and we wanted to stay close to Royston but there wasn’t any buildings that had A3 use up for rent at the time.
“We would love our friends from this area to come and try our new place and lots of them have already been on Facebook to say they are coming.”
Paul will be opening the restaurant at the old Little Chef building on the A14 in a couple of weeks time as they put the finishing touches to the new look.
You may also want to watch:
Herbies fan Laura Whitford, who lives in Royston, said: “I’m so pleased that Herbies has found a new home, and that it’s close enough to visit and eat fajitas!”
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Facebook page by searching Herbies Diner.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
They are also looking for staff to work there, and people can email the address above if interested.