Owner of popular diner that relocated due to expense of Melbourn rent invites friends to visit
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an American bar and grill in Melbourn which relocated because the rent was too high is inviting people to check out his new place in Swavesey.
Paul Herbert said he wanted to keep his diner Herbies closer to Royston after he moved out of the Melbourn restaurant in December, and was hoping for the A10 or A505, but to no avail.
He said: “It has been very hard to find somewhere and we wanted to stay close to Royston but there wasn’t any buildings that had A3 use up for rent at the time.
“We would love our friends from this area to come and try our new place and lots of them have already been on Facebook to say they are coming.”
Paul will be opening the restaurant at the old Little Chef building on the A14 in a couple of weeks time as they put the finishing touches to the new look.
You may also want to watch:
Herbies fan Laura Whitford, who lives in Royston, said: “I’m so pleased that Herbies has found a new home, and that it’s close enough to visit and eat fajitas!”
For more information, contact email@example.com or visit the Facebook page by searching Herbies Diner.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
They are also looking for staff to work there, and people can email the address above if interested.