Over 2000 motorbikes on show in Meldreth tonight
PETROL heads are in for a treat tonight when around 2,000 motorbikes descend on Crow Country for a charity show. Royston and District Motorcycle club s annual Charity Show is to be held tonight (Wednesday June 17) at the Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre.
PETROL heads are in for a treat tonight when around 2,000 motorbikes descend on Crow Country for a charity show.
Royston and District Motorcycle club's annual Charity Show is to be held tonight (Wednesday June 17) at the Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre.
This will be the 24th Show the club has put on, and with plans to improve the layout of the event it is hoped it will be better than ever before.
Mark Coningsby, one of the organisers, saod: "We all ready have over 25 traders confirmed, including Absoulte Rider Training from Royston, Camrider of Cambridge, BMW Of Sawbridgeworth, Ducati of Bedford, Allins Yamaha + Honda from Cambridge, Kawaski of Bike Pavillion in Letchworth, Hideout Leathers and many more."
You may also want to watch:
Last year the show raised almost �9000 for the Meldreth Manor School, The East Anglian Air Ambulance and MAGPAS - The Emergency Doctor response. Over the last 23 years the total raised has topped �80,000, and we hope it will break the �90,000 mark this year.
Attendance is approximately 3000 every year, with about 2000 bikes turning up over the course of the 3-4 hours of the evening. Gates open from 6.30pm and entrance is �4, with under 14s free. For more information visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 7 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online