Over 2,000 bikes entertain visitors to Royston and district Motorcycle Club’s annual show
- Credit: Archant
More than 2,000 bikes motored into Crow country last week for a motorcycle club’s annual show.
The Royston and District Motor Cycle Club’s (RDMCC) show was held at Meldreth Manor School last Wednesday.
It is the 29th year the club has held a show, and attracted over 2,500 people keen to see the wide range of modern and vintage bikes on display.
Organiser Mark Coningsby said: “It was a great and perfect evening for bikers and we were almost full to capacity in the car park and Motorcycle parks, but with the experience of the RDMCC we were able to keep fitting the bikes in and the Bassingbourn Air Cadets did a fantastic job in the car park.
“The show as held in aid of three charities – the East Anglian Air Ambulance, Friends of Meldreth Manor, and SERV blood runners, who collect and transport blood from doners for emergencies. It total about £12,000 was raised.”
The RDMCC was established in 1985 to offer motorcycle enthusiasts the chance to meet and promote motorcycling. Their annual show, which this year was sponsored by BMW Rider Training and Open Road Rentals, has become a firm fixture on the calendar, and now welcomes a host of exhibitors from the biggest names in motorcycling, such as Honda, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield.
Mr Conningsby said: “The grounds team at Meldreth Manor really made the site fantastic for us this year and we can’t wait to start planning for next years show!”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
The date for the 2015 show, which will be the event’s 30th anniversary, has already been set. It will be held on June 17 2015 at Meldreth Manor.