Over 2,000 bikes entertain visitors to Royston and district Motorcycle Club’s annual show
- Credit: Archant
More than 2,000 bikes motored into Crow country last week for a motorcycle club’s annual show.
The Royston and District Motor Cycle Club’s (RDMCC) show was held at Meldreth Manor School last Wednesday.
It is the 29th year the club has held a show, and attracted over 2,500 people keen to see the wide range of modern and vintage bikes on display.
Organiser Mark Coningsby said: “It was a great and perfect evening for bikers and we were almost full to capacity in the car park and Motorcycle parks, but with the experience of the RDMCC we were able to keep fitting the bikes in and the Bassingbourn Air Cadets did a fantastic job in the car park.
“The show as held in aid of three charities – the East Anglian Air Ambulance, Friends of Meldreth Manor, and SERV blood runners, who collect and transport blood from doners for emergencies. It total about £12,000 was raised.”
You may also want to watch:
The RDMCC was established in 1985 to offer motorcycle enthusiasts the chance to meet and promote motorcycling. Their annual show, which this year was sponsored by BMW Rider Training and Open Road Rentals, has become a firm fixture on the calendar, and now welcomes a host of exhibitors from the biggest names in motorcycling, such as Honda, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield.
Mr Conningsby said: “The grounds team at Meldreth Manor really made the site fantastic for us this year and we can’t wait to start planning for next years show!”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
The date for the 2015 show, which will be the event’s 30th anniversary, has already been set. It will be held on June 17 2015 at Meldreth Manor.