Outstanding school staff rewarded
UNSUNG heroes at two of Crow Country s schools have been recognised at new catering and cleaning awards. The awards, arranged by the Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services (CCS) were presented at a ceremony at Shire Hall, Cambridge. The catering t
UNSUNG heroes at two of Crow Country's schools have been recognised at new catering and cleaning awards.
The awards, arranged by the Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services' (CCS) were presented at a ceremony at Shire Hall, Cambridge.
The catering team at Bassingbourn Primary School were named school catering team of the year, while the cleaners at Petersfield School, Orwell, picked up the school cleaning team of the year prize.
They beat off opposition from across Cambridgeshire to claim their prizes. They were presented with their prizes by Cllr Linda Oliver, county councillor for Bassingbourn and county council chairman.
Richard Ware, Head of CCS said: "These awards recognise those individuals who have gone the extra mile in providing services to schools and the Council, together with the energy and commitment they have shown in their work.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'