Outdoor show for drama group
THE Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS) are attempting a double first with their latest show. For the first time in their sixty year history, CADS will be putting on a Shakespeare play, in the form of Twelth Night. They will also be making it their first
THE Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS) are attempting a double first with their latest show.
For the first time in their sixty year history, CADS will be putting on a Shakespeare play, in the form of Twelth Night. They will also be making it their first ever open air performance when it is staged in the grounds of Greneway School, Royston.
Director Michael Young said: "Twelfth Night lends itself particularly well to an outdoor performance and the space we're using has lots of potential for lively movement as well as for concealment.
"The weather is going to be pretty crucial, it's true, but we've banned all cricket matches within a two-mile radius and established an exclusion zone for morris dancers, so rain shouldn't be an issue, and provided we don't get too many low-flying aircraft overhead on the night, it should be a lot of fun."
You may also want to watch:
Shakespeare's timeless comedy features mistaken identity, gender confusion, romantic entanglements, shipwrecks, sword fights and boisterous slapstick and is often cited as many people's favourite among the comedies.
The setting for the play has been moved into the 1920's, and the many songs in the play will be accompanied by a live band with a score specially composed by musical director Louise Atkins.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
Twelfth Night will be performed at Greneway School on Friday 22 May and Saturday 23 May at 7.30pm, and on Sunday 24 May at 5.00pm. Audiences are advised to bring their own seating and their own refreshments.
Tickets for the event cost �7 and will be on sale at the CADS stall at Royston May Fayre on Bank Holiday Monday, May 4. Alternatively, you can buy tickets on the gate or book in advance from the CADS Box Office on 01763 223805.
For more information on the production, or on any aspect of the group can be found on the CADS website at http://www.cadsroyston.org.uk.