Outdoor market is set to hot up on its return
ROYSTON S outdoor farmers market is to have a new attraction on Sunday. A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders. Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said t
ROYSTON'S outdoor farmers' market is to have a new attraction on Sunday.
A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders.
Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said the new attraction is part of the market's policy to "continue to innovate".
He said he hoped the idea of providing the catering van will appeal to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Burnell continued: "Our policy of allowing any own producer to attend means that we can explore new ways of stimulating interest."
The market runs from 10am to 2pm.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- Units have been purchased by the Royston Town Centre Forum to enable power to be provided in the market place.
It is the kind of improvement which could mean the return of the French market where power is needed to enable cooking and baking.