Outdoor market is set to hot up on its return
ROYSTON S outdoor farmers market is to have a new attraction on Sunday. A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders. Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said t
ROYSTON'S outdoor farmers' market is to have a new attraction on Sunday.
A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders.
Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said the new attraction is part of the market's policy to "continue to innovate".
He said he hoped the idea of providing the catering van will appeal to the public.
Mr Burnell continued: "Our policy of allowing any own producer to attend means that we can explore new ways of stimulating interest."
The market runs from 10am to 2pm.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- Units have been purchased by the Royston Town Centre Forum to enable power to be provided in the market place.
It is the kind of improvement which could mean the return of the French market where power is needed to enable cooking and baking.