Outdoor market is set to hot up on its return
ROYSTON S outdoor farmers market is to have a new attraction on Sunday. A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders. Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said t
ROYSTON'S outdoor farmers' market is to have a new attraction on Sunday.
A catering van is to be included and will be selling hot food such as sausages and burgers supplied from some of the other 28 stallholders.
Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said the new attraction is part of the market's policy to "continue to innovate".
He said he hoped the idea of providing the catering van will appeal to the public.
Mr Burnell continued: "Our policy of allowing any own producer to attend means that we can explore new ways of stimulating interest."
The market runs from 10am to 2pm.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- Units have been purchased by the Royston Town Centre Forum to enable power to be provided in the market place.
It is the kind of improvement which could mean the return of the French market where power is needed to enable cooking and baking.