Oscar win for Litlington man
THE glitz and glamour of Hollywood may seem a million miles away from rural South Cambs but a Litlington resident is celebrating after winning an Oscar.
Mark Coulier won his Tinseltown gong for his work on transforming Meryl Streep into Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
The 48-year-old received the Academy Award for Best Makeup and collected his award at the Los Angeles ceremony.
Collecting the award, he said: “I’d just like to say, what an amazing experience.
“Thanks to Meryl, you were incredible. And just a quick thank you to Barrie Gower and Stephen Murphy and my kids Isabelle, Ethan and my wife Amanda and my dad. Thank you guys.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lancashire native celebrated the honour, which came just days after he won a BAFTA award for best make-up in The Iron Lady, at Elton John’s aftershow party with his wife Amanda.
Mr Coultier has an illustrious list of movie credits to his name, including creating the face of Voldemort in the Harry Potter films and working on The Mummy and Star Wars.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
He runs his own company, Coulier Creatures FX, from Litlington and has worked with Nick Dudman, who was his competitor for the Oscar, on the Harry Potter films.