Oscar win for Litlington man
THE glitz and glamour of Hollywood may seem a million miles away from rural South Cambs but a Litlington resident is celebrating after winning an Oscar.
Mark Coulier won his Tinseltown gong for his work on transforming Meryl Streep into Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
The 48-year-old received the Academy Award for Best Makeup and collected his award at the Los Angeles ceremony.
Collecting the award, he said: “I’d just like to say, what an amazing experience.
“Thanks to Meryl, you were incredible. And just a quick thank you to Barrie Gower and Stephen Murphy and my kids Isabelle, Ethan and my wife Amanda and my dad. Thank you guys.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lancashire native celebrated the honour, which came just days after he won a BAFTA award for best make-up in The Iron Lady, at Elton John’s aftershow party with his wife Amanda.
Mr Coultier has an illustrious list of movie credits to his name, including creating the face of Voldemort in the Harry Potter films and working on The Mummy and Star Wars.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
He runs his own company, Coulier Creatures FX, from Litlington and has worked with Nick Dudman, who was his competitor for the Oscar, on the Harry Potter films.