Oscar win for Litlington man
THE glitz and glamour of Hollywood may seem a million miles away from rural South Cambs but a Litlington resident is celebrating after winning an Oscar.
Mark Coulier won his Tinseltown gong for his work on transforming Meryl Streep into Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
The 48-year-old received the Academy Award for Best Makeup and collected his award at the Los Angeles ceremony.
Collecting the award, he said: “I’d just like to say, what an amazing experience.
“Thanks to Meryl, you were incredible. And just a quick thank you to Barrie Gower and Stephen Murphy and my kids Isabelle, Ethan and my wife Amanda and my dad. Thank you guys.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lancashire native celebrated the honour, which came just days after he won a BAFTA award for best make-up in The Iron Lady, at Elton John’s aftershow party with his wife Amanda.
Mr Coultier has an illustrious list of movie credits to his name, including creating the face of Voldemort in the Harry Potter films and working on The Mummy and Star Wars.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
He runs his own company, Coulier Creatures FX, from Litlington and has worked with Nick Dudman, who was his competitor for the Oscar, on the Harry Potter films.