Oscar win for Litlington man
THE glitz and glamour of Hollywood may seem a million miles away from rural South Cambs but a Litlington resident is celebrating after winning an Oscar.
Mark Coulier won his Tinseltown gong for his work on transforming Meryl Streep into Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
The 48-year-old received the Academy Award for Best Makeup and collected his award at the Los Angeles ceremony.
Collecting the award, he said: “I’d just like to say, what an amazing experience.
“Thanks to Meryl, you were incredible. And just a quick thank you to Barrie Gower and Stephen Murphy and my kids Isabelle, Ethan and my wife Amanda and my dad. Thank you guys.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lancashire native celebrated the honour, which came just days after he won a BAFTA award for best make-up in The Iron Lady, at Elton John’s aftershow party with his wife Amanda.
Mr Coultier has an illustrious list of movie credits to his name, including creating the face of Voldemort in the Harry Potter films and working on The Mummy and Star Wars.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
He runs his own company, Coulier Creatures FX, from Litlington and has worked with Nick Dudman, who was his competitor for the Oscar, on the Harry Potter films.