Oscar nomination for Litlington make-up artist who worked on The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A make-up artist from Litlington has been nominated for an Oscar.
Mark Coulier, who already has one Oscar gong for his work transforming Meryl Streep into The Iron Lady, has been nominated for this year’s Makeup and Hairstyling award along with colleague Frances Hannon for his work on The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mark will attend next month’s awards ceremony in Los Angeles with his wife Amanda, who works for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
The 51-year-old has created make-up and prosthetics for 50 films in his illustrious career including blockbuster giants Harry Potter and Star Wars.
He said: “It’s great to have been nominated and it’s just as exciting as the first time. Just getting the nomination is enough.
You may also want to watch:
“I got into the idea of being a make-up artist when I watched horror films as a young boy and thought it would be cool to do the make-up and prosthetics. It’s just been a very upwards slog, no big break in particular. Winning the Oscar was the highlight – my wife was winked at by George Clooney.”
About this year’s nomination, he joked: “Everybody in the village knows about it – although I carry the Oscar to the shops when I buy a loaf of bread which is a bit of a giveaway,”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?