Oscar nomination for Litlington make-up artist who worked on The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A make-up artist from Litlington has been nominated for an Oscar.
Mark Coulier, who already has one Oscar gong for his work transforming Meryl Streep into The Iron Lady, has been nominated for this year’s Makeup and Hairstyling award along with colleague Frances Hannon for his work on The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mark will attend next month’s awards ceremony in Los Angeles with his wife Amanda, who works for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
The 51-year-old has created make-up and prosthetics for 50 films in his illustrious career including blockbuster giants Harry Potter and Star Wars.
He said: “It’s great to have been nominated and it’s just as exciting as the first time. Just getting the nomination is enough.
You may also want to watch:
“I got into the idea of being a make-up artist when I watched horror films as a young boy and thought it would be cool to do the make-up and prosthetics. It’s just been a very upwards slog, no big break in particular. Winning the Oscar was the highlight – my wife was winked at by George Clooney.”
About this year’s nomination, he joked: “Everybody in the village knows about it – although I carry the Oscar to the shops when I buy a loaf of bread which is a bit of a giveaway,”
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week