Oscar nomination for Litlington make-up artist who worked on The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A make-up artist from Litlington has been nominated for an Oscar.
Mark Coulier, who already has one Oscar gong for his work transforming Meryl Streep into The Iron Lady, has been nominated for this year’s Makeup and Hairstyling award along with colleague Frances Hannon for his work on The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mark will attend next month’s awards ceremony in Los Angeles with his wife Amanda, who works for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
The 51-year-old has created make-up and prosthetics for 50 films in his illustrious career including blockbuster giants Harry Potter and Star Wars.
He said: “It’s great to have been nominated and it’s just as exciting as the first time. Just getting the nomination is enough.
“I got into the idea of being a make-up artist when I watched horror films as a young boy and thought it would be cool to do the make-up and prosthetics. It’s just been a very upwards slog, no big break in particular. Winning the Oscar was the highlight – my wife was winked at by George Clooney.”
About this year’s nomination, he joked: “Everybody in the village knows about it – although I carry the Oscar to the shops when I buy a loaf of bread which is a bit of a giveaway,”
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure