Organisers in the pink after Royston walk raises funds for Breast Cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people decked out in pink walked five miles around Royston to raise money for a breast cancer charity on Saturday.
This year was particularly poignant for the North Herts and South Cambs Breast Cancer Now Group as co-founder Valerie Whyborn explained that it marked 20 years since her mum died from breast cancer on Mother’s Day.
She said: “The walk is a lovely way to bring people together, raise awareness and, of course, vital funds for important research.”
Her daughter and co-founder Hayley Mckenzie said: “We had a wonderful day, it is always so lovely to see walkers from previous years and to greet new participants and, this year, teams from the local Slimming World Group and Willmott’s Gym.
“Everyone enjoyed the walk and relished the challenge of the hills on the Heath. We all rewarded ourself at the end with some well deserved tea and cake.
You may also want to watch:
“Special thanks go to Willmott’s Gym and September flowers, both of Royston, for their raffle prize donations. Along with a big thank you to all our wonderful walkers, helpers, and the tea-team who worked behind the scenes getting refreshments ready.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 5 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 6 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 7 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 8 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn