Organisers hope for best show yet’
ORGANISERS of this year s Ashwell Show on bank holiday Monday are hoping it will be the best yet. Organising Secretary Christine Schwicz said: We ve got lots of new displays going on this year. We hope it will be the best show yet. Alongside the usual a
ORGANISERS of this year's Ashwell Show on bank holiday Monday are hoping it will be the best yet.
Organising Secretary Christine Schwicz said: "We've got lots of new displays going on this year. We hope it will be the best show yet."
Alongside the usual array of trade stalls and attractions, visitors will be entertained by the Knights of the Damned jousting stunt team.
The Knights of the Damned are led by leading stunt man Justin Pearson, who has appeared in films such as Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and The Da Vinci Code.
You may also want to watch:
They will give a full costumed medieval jousting display in the show's main arena.
The Ashwell horse show and accompanying dog agility show will also be taking place, with the winners of the horse show qualifying for the Ponies UK 2007 Summer Championship.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The events will include a tug-of-war contest, which was re-instated last year for the first time since the 1950's.
- Tickets for the show are £8 (adults) and £4 (concessions). The showground at Elbrook Meadow, Mill Street, will be open from 8am, with the action starting at 9am.