Organisers gear up for ‘great day’ as Royston Summer Rock returns
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s summer festival of fun takes place tomorrow (Saturday) and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Royston Summer Rock takes place in the High Street and Fish Hill Square.
Organised by retailer group Royston Means Business, this is the second time the festival has been held, and attractions will include live music, children’s entertainment and a beer tent.
Tony Field from Royston Means Business is part of the organising committee.
He said: “It is really about fun and entertainment and showing off what is available in and around Royston.
You may also want to watch:
“The stalls will give businesses who don’t have a shop in the High Street a chance to show everyone what they have to offer and give them some valuable exposure.
“There’s also loads of entertainment on for anyone of any age – from Punch and Judy to rock music.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
In Fish Hill Square a rock concert will be held featuring some talented local bands.
Mr Field added: “There will be some great music over in Fish Hill Square for music lovers which will continue into the evening.
“There will be a great atmosphere and anyone who enjoys their music will have a great time.
“It promises to be a great day and we’re just hoping the weather holds up, and we are keeping our ?ngers crossed.
“Last year’s event was a great day and we’re hoping we can replicate that this year.”
The stalls will run between 1pm and 5pm and the music will continue into the early evening.
For more information call Tony Field at M-Viron 01763 242984 or email email@example.com