Organisers come under orders
PLANS are under way for this year s Pink Ribbon Run/Walk in aid of Cancer Research UK. And organisers are hoping to attract 1,000 people to the event on Therfield Health on June 22. Last year the walk/run raised £40,000 to add to the £21,000 raised in 200
PLANS are under way for this year's Pink Ribbon Run/Walk in aid of Cancer Research UK.
And organisers are hoping to attract 1,000 people to the event on Therfield Health on June 22.
Last year the walk/run raised £40,000 to add to the £21,000 raised in 2006.
Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers, said there is the hope that this year's event will prove record-breaking.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be open to men and women, and children. It will involve completing a three-mile course around the heath.
Entry forms will be available in April.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
Everyone entering will receive a medal and a T-shirt and are encouraged to wear pink for the event.
Organisers will be giving prizes for those dressed in the best costumes.
The Royston-based accountants WKH will again be the event's main sponsors and there will be support from the Heath Sports Club.
The organisers have also set up a new website for the event and are appealing to companies to help them met the costs of the event.
# For more details visit the website at www.pinkribbonrunwal.co.uk