Organisers appeal for swimmers
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part. The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000. Money from the event will be donated to the Garden
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part.
The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000.
Money from the event will be donated to the Garden House Hospice in Letch-worth, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and The House, the drop-in centre for teenagers in Royston.
It is hoped that 36 teams of six swimmers will take part in the event which will run on the evenings of Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15.
Rotary spokesman David Williams said: "The initial response has been encouraging, but there is room for more teams."
Swimathon teams will be set the challenge of swimming as many lengths as possible in 55 minutes and are sponsored for the number of lengths completed.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 6 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
"You don't have to be an excellent swimmer to take part," said Mr Williams.
n Anyone interested in taking part can call Jim Webb on 01763 838208 or visit at www.roystonrotary.org.uk