Organisers appeal for swimmers
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part. The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000. Money from the event will be donated to the Garden
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part.
The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000.
Money from the event will be donated to the Garden House Hospice in Letch-worth, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and The House, the drop-in centre for teenagers in Royston.
It is hoped that 36 teams of six swimmers will take part in the event which will run on the evenings of Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary spokesman David Williams said: "The initial response has been encouraging, but there is room for more teams."
Swimathon teams will be set the challenge of swimming as many lengths as possible in 55 minutes and are sponsored for the number of lengths completed.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
"You don't have to be an excellent swimmer to take part," said Mr Williams.
n Anyone interested in taking part can call Jim Webb on 01763 838208 or visit at www.roystonrotary.org.uk