Organisers appeal for swimmers
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part. The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000. Money from the event will be donated to the Garden
ORGANISERS of a charity swimathon at Royston Leisure Centre are hoping that more than 200 people will be taking part.
The event organised by the Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise more than £5,000.
Money from the event will be donated to the Garden House Hospice in Letch-worth, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and The House, the drop-in centre for teenagers in Royston.
It is hoped that 36 teams of six swimmers will take part in the event which will run on the evenings of Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary spokesman David Williams said: "The initial response has been encouraging, but there is room for more teams."
Swimathon teams will be set the challenge of swimming as many lengths as possible in 55 minutes and are sponsored for the number of lengths completed.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
"You don't have to be an excellent swimmer to take part," said Mr Williams.
n Anyone interested in taking part can call Jim Webb on 01763 838208 or visit at www.roystonrotary.org.uk