Open mic and poetry at family festival in Meldreth woods
- Credit: Archant
A free family music and poetry event will be held in village woods next Saturday.
Melwood Conservation Group will hold the Midsummer Picnic in Melwood, a local nature reserve.
People are invited to turn up with a picnic from 6.30pm with open mic and poetry compered by Gallery Writers and Tony Phillips from 7.15pm.
The highlight of the evening will be music by folk rock band CarnaC from 8.15pm.
The group consists of Penni McLaren Walker on vocals, Bryan Causton on acoustic and electric mandolin, Steve Collins on midi melodeon and vocals, Kevin Neaves on drums, John Campbell Armer on guitar and Guido M Rincón on keyboards, guitar, bouzouki and vocals.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.carnacmusic.com.
People are invited to take part in the festivities by bringing a poem or song along at the event which is due to finish at about 10.30pm.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
The wood is situated just off the footpath between Flambards Close and the rear of the British Queen pub.
A spokesBring a picnic and enjoy a relaxing summer evening in good company.
For more information, contact Bruce Huett on 01763 232855.