One of Europe’s biggest medicine storage facilities opens up in Royston
- Credit: Archant
One of Europe’s largest storage units for pharmaceutical products has been unveiled in Royston.
The new 8,000 square foot Intertek site at the business park in Orchard Road will employ 15 people to start off with, and 10 more people will join the company in the next year.
Laboratory director Mark Hammond said: “This new facility, integrated with our scientists’ experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical testing, will bring a range of storage solutions to meet the increased demands from our global clients.”
The site was opened on Tuesday with the help of special guest, former health secretary and MP for South Cambridgeshire, Andrew Lansley who was on hand to cut the ribbon.
Intertek already operates a laboratory in which drugs are tested in Saxon Way in Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Clients include major pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery innovators.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 6 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 7 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown