One of Europe’s biggest medicine storage facilities opens up in Royston
- Credit: Archant
One of Europe’s largest storage units for pharmaceutical products has been unveiled in Royston.
The new 8,000 square foot Intertek site at the business park in Orchard Road will employ 15 people to start off with, and 10 more people will join the company in the next year.
Laboratory director Mark Hammond said: “This new facility, integrated with our scientists’ experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical testing, will bring a range of storage solutions to meet the increased demands from our global clients.”
The site was opened on Tuesday with the help of special guest, former health secretary and MP for South Cambridgeshire, Andrew Lansley who was on hand to cut the ribbon.
Intertek already operates a laboratory in which drugs are tested in Saxon Way in Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Clients include major pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery innovators.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 9 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?