One of Europe’s biggest medicine storage facilities opens up in Royston
- Credit: Archant
One of Europe’s largest storage units for pharmaceutical products has been unveiled in Royston.
The new 8,000 square foot Intertek site at the business park in Orchard Road will employ 15 people to start off with, and 10 more people will join the company in the next year.
Laboratory director Mark Hammond said: “This new facility, integrated with our scientists’ experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical testing, will bring a range of storage solutions to meet the increased demands from our global clients.”
The site was opened on Tuesday with the help of special guest, former health secretary and MP for South Cambridgeshire, Andrew Lansley who was on hand to cut the ribbon.
Intertek already operates a laboratory in which drugs are tested in Saxon Way in Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Clients include major pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery innovators.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash