One of Europe’s biggest medicine storage facilities opens up in Royston
- Credit: Archant
One of Europe’s largest storage units for pharmaceutical products has been unveiled in Royston.
The new 8,000 square foot Intertek site at the business park in Orchard Road will employ 15 people to start off with, and 10 more people will join the company in the next year.
Laboratory director Mark Hammond said: “This new facility, integrated with our scientists’ experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical testing, will bring a range of storage solutions to meet the increased demands from our global clients.”
The site was opened on Tuesday with the help of special guest, former health secretary and MP for South Cambridgeshire, Andrew Lansley who was on hand to cut the ribbon.
Intertek already operates a laboratory in which drugs are tested in Saxon Way in Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Clients include major pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery innovators.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 7 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 8 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life