One in a thousand
A TEACHING assistant from a Royston School has become the 21,000th Higher Level teaching assistant. Janice Hodge who, works at Greneway School, achieved the status through working alongside teachers, providing valuable support. Mrs Hodge said: If you re
A TEACHING assistant from a Royston School has become the 21,000th Higher Level teaching assistant.
Janice Hodge who, works at Greneway School, achieved the status through working alongside teachers, providing valuable support.
Mrs Hodge said: "If you're passionate about working with children, an HLTA role can be very rewarding.
"There are countless opportunities to learn on the job and every day is completely different."
You may also want to watch:
The work of an HLTA includes planning and preparing lessons, supporting pupils with special needs and working with pupils on a one-to-one basis, in small groups and with a whole class.
Head teacher Sue Kennedy, said: "The teaching assistants have a very positive impact on the school because they come with the strength of different backgrounds.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 7 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
"They are hugely energetic and passionate about their work.
"Teaching assistants enable us to work in a very flexible way and be creative with some of the work we do," she said.
A report from the Institute of Education on the deployment of the wider workforce in schools has shown that 88 per cent of teachers feel that support staff have had a positive effect on their job satisfaction while 77 per cent feel that have helped reduce levels of stress.
n For more information on the roles of support staff visit the website at www.tda.gov.uk/support