One hour free parking limit plan
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford. At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours. Buntingford Town Council discussed pr
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford.
At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours.
Buntingford Town Council discussed proposals to unify this at its full council meeting.
Cllr Stan Bull said: "This is a very good suggestion which will mean members of the public know how long they can park wherever they are in the town.
"At the moment parking in Buntingford can be frustrating,
"Perhaps this well help the survival of more retails shops."
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
Meanwhile, long-awaited repairs to Buntingford High Street are set to take place this month.
Mayor of Buntingford, Cllr John Noades, told the meeting that he had been informed by Hertfordshire Highways that the repairs would begin in the next few weeks.