One hour free parking limit plan
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford. At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours. Buntingford Town Council discussed pr
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford.
At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours.
Buntingford Town Council discussed proposals to unify this at its full council meeting.
Cllr Stan Bull said: "This is a very good suggestion which will mean members of the public know how long they can park wherever they are in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"At the moment parking in Buntingford can be frustrating,
"Perhaps this well help the survival of more retails shops."
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Meanwhile, long-awaited repairs to Buntingford High Street are set to take place this month.
Mayor of Buntingford, Cllr John Noades, told the meeting that he had been informed by Hertfordshire Highways that the repairs would begin in the next few weeks.