One hour free parking limit plan
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford. At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours. Buntingford Town Council discussed pr
A LIMIT of one hour is set to be imposed on all time-restricted free parking areas in Buntingford.
At present some areas of the town allow drivers to park for one hour, while others have a maximum limit of two hours.
Buntingford Town Council discussed proposals to unify this at its full council meeting.
Cllr Stan Bull said: "This is a very good suggestion which will mean members of the public know how long they can park wherever they are in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"At the moment parking in Buntingford can be frustrating,
"Perhaps this well help the survival of more retails shops."
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Meanwhile, long-awaited repairs to Buntingford High Street are set to take place this month.
Mayor of Buntingford, Cllr John Noades, told the meeting that he had been informed by Hertfordshire Highways that the repairs would begin in the next few weeks.