One for the road? The Simpsons graffiti appears on A505 pub
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Graffiti depicting a character from The Simpsons has appeared on the side of a derelict A505 pub near Litlington.
The artwork of Moe Szyslak, the owner and bartender at Moe’s Tavern in the famous animated series, was painted on the side of the old Horse and Groom pub alongside the words “One for the road”.
It may soon disappear though, as a planning application submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council for three restaurants with drive-thrus would see the building demolished.
The plan is currently under consultation, although an application submitted to North Herts District Council for an accelerator lane has been conditionally approved.
If South Cambs give it the green light, the plans are expected to create 45 full-time and 15 part-time jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The pub in the south-west of the Litlington parish lies at the county border along A505 Baldock Road.
The road itself lies within Hertfordshire while the land is in Cambs, meaning two separate planning applications had to be submitted for the development.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'