One for the road? The Simpsons graffiti appears on A505 pub
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Graffiti depicting a character from The Simpsons has appeared on the side of a derelict A505 pub near Litlington.
The artwork of Moe Szyslak, the owner and bartender at Moe’s Tavern in the famous animated series, was painted on the side of the old Horse and Groom pub alongside the words “One for the road”.
It may soon disappear though, as a planning application submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council for three restaurants with drive-thrus would see the building demolished.
The plan is currently under consultation, although an application submitted to North Herts District Council for an accelerator lane has been conditionally approved.
If South Cambs give it the green light, the plans are expected to create 45 full-time and 15 part-time jobs.
The pub in the south-west of the Litlington parish lies at the county border along A505 Baldock Road.
The road itself lies within Hertfordshire while the land is in Cambs, meaning two separate planning applications had to be submitted for the development.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 8 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Cycling club rides in memory of former member