On track for railway adventure as Foxton pupils enjoy a first train trip
- Credit: Archant
Some of the greatest adventures start on a train – from the Railway Children to Harry Potter, railway journeys can symbolise the start of a new exciting chapter.
And a party of pupils from Foxton Pre-School took their first trip on a train last week, courtesy of rail company Great Northern.
The children travelled the line between Foxton and Cambridge, before returning home.
Phillipa Deas, who led the trip, thanked Great Northern staff for making it such a memorable day.
She said: “The children were very excited as many of them had never been on the train before, but they remained well behaved, as I believe the photo shows.
You may also want to watch:
“It may only have been one stop down the line to Cambridge and back but for them it was a really fun adventure.
“We wish to say a great thank you to all the Great Northern staff who helped make this possible.”
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences