On track for railway adventure as Foxton pupils enjoy a first train trip
- Credit: Archant
Some of the greatest adventures start on a train – from the Railway Children to Harry Potter, railway journeys can symbolise the start of a new exciting chapter.
And a party of pupils from Foxton Pre-School took their first trip on a train last week, courtesy of rail company Great Northern.
The children travelled the line between Foxton and Cambridge, before returning home.
Phillipa Deas, who led the trip, thanked Great Northern staff for making it such a memorable day.
She said: “The children were very excited as many of them had never been on the train before, but they remained well behaved, as I believe the photo shows.
You may also want to watch:
“It may only have been one stop down the line to Cambridge and back but for them it was a really fun adventure.
“We wish to say a great thank you to all the Great Northern staff who helped make this possible.”
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 7 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre