On track for railway adventure as Foxton pupils enjoy a first train trip
- Credit: Archant
Some of the greatest adventures start on a train – from the Railway Children to Harry Potter, railway journeys can symbolise the start of a new exciting chapter.
And a party of pupils from Foxton Pre-School took their first trip on a train last week, courtesy of rail company Great Northern.
The children travelled the line between Foxton and Cambridge, before returning home.
Phillipa Deas, who led the trip, thanked Great Northern staff for making it such a memorable day.
She said: “The children were very excited as many of them had never been on the train before, but they remained well behaved, as I believe the photo shows.
You may also want to watch:
“It may only have been one stop down the line to Cambridge and back but for them it was a really fun adventure.
“We wish to say a great thank you to all the Great Northern staff who helped make this possible.”
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service