On the run for fun in the Royston fun run
A FOUR-year-old girl completed a hat-trick when she took part in Sunday s Royston Fun Run. Holly Webb from Girton was one of 160 runners – young and old – who ran the annual 3km event, which was held on Therfield Heath on Sunday. Her proud mum, Alison Web
A FOUR-year-old girl completed a hat-trick when she took part in Sunday's Royston Fun Run.
Holly Webb from Girton was one of 160 runners - young and old - who ran the annual 3km event, which was held on Therfield Heath on Sunday.
Her proud mum, Alison Webb, said: "She first took part when she was 23 months old and enjoyed it so much we've been back each year."
Organisers described the fun run as "a real family affair", with mums and dads joining their offspring on the course.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the competitors were raising funds for charities close to their hearts.
Race director Maurice Hill, from organisers the Royston Runners, said: "This really sums up the fun run spirit.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
"It attracts young runners and families who come along for a great day out and a lot of fun.
"It's a real community event and everyone who took part was a winner.
"I'd like to congratulate them all."
First boy home was Gus Rees, 12, from Royston, who completed the course in an impressive time of 11minutes, 44 seconds.
Rebecca O'Sullivan, 14, of Barkway, was the first girl home, crossing the line in 14 minutes, 49 seconds.