On the look-out for creative artists
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition. The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize awar
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition.
The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize award by submitting a two-dimensional piece of artwork in any medium, to celebrate the society's 125th anniversary.
Winning entries will be displayed in the society's 125th anniversary exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall between April 13-21.
Society member, Rachel Haynes of Royston, said: "We hope to improve access and opportunity for aspiring young artists.
You may also want to watch:
"We're encouraging young artistic talent by providing a showcase for new innovative and vibrant work."
£300 will be awarded to the winning entry and the runner up will receive £150 of Daler-Rowney art materials.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
Anyone living within a 30-mile radius of Cambridge can take part in the competition, sponsored by Carter Jonas property consultants in Cambridge and Daler-Rowney who is supplying the art materials.
The deadline for the competition is March 31.
For an entry form or further information visit: www.geocities.com/CamDrawSoc