On the look-out for creative artists
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition. The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize awar
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition.
The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize award by submitting a two-dimensional piece of artwork in any medium, to celebrate the society's 125th anniversary.
Winning entries will be displayed in the society's 125th anniversary exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall between April 13-21.
Society member, Rachel Haynes of Royston, said: "We hope to improve access and opportunity for aspiring young artists.
"We're encouraging young artistic talent by providing a showcase for new innovative and vibrant work."
£300 will be awarded to the winning entry and the runner up will receive £150 of Daler-Rowney art materials.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
Anyone living within a 30-mile radius of Cambridge can take part in the competition, sponsored by Carter Jonas property consultants in Cambridge and Daler-Rowney who is supplying the art materials.
The deadline for the competition is March 31.
For an entry form or further information visit: www.geocities.com/CamDrawSoc