On the look-out for creative artists
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition. The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize awar
A GROUP of artists, who aim to promote and develop art in the community, are looking for talented artists to enter an art competition.
The Cambridge Drawing Society is looking for creative artists under 35 years of age to enter the Carter Jonas prize award by submitting a two-dimensional piece of artwork in any medium, to celebrate the society's 125th anniversary.
Winning entries will be displayed in the society's 125th anniversary exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall between April 13-21.
Society member, Rachel Haynes of Royston, said: "We hope to improve access and opportunity for aspiring young artists.
You may also want to watch:
"We're encouraging young artistic talent by providing a showcase for new innovative and vibrant work."
£300 will be awarded to the winning entry and the runner up will receive £150 of Daler-Rowney art materials.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Anyone living within a 30-mile radius of Cambridge can take part in the competition, sponsored by Carter Jonas property consultants in Cambridge and Daler-Rowney who is supplying the art materials.
The deadline for the competition is March 31.
For an entry form or further information visit: www.geocities.com/CamDrawSoc