On the beat - Sgt Pete Frost
The last month has proved to be busy and the Safer Neighbourhood Team continues to work with the community to ensure it is safe for everyone to enjoy. On Saturday September 15 in Therfield our Rural PCSOs Kennedy and Brabrook completed a security marking
The last month has proved to be busy and the Safer Neighbourhood Team continues to work with the community to ensure it is safe for everyone to enjoy.
On Saturday September 15 in Therfield our Rural PCSOs Kennedy and Brabrook completed a security marking day where items from bicycles to guitars were brought to the village hall where members from the Crime Prevention Panel and the Neighbourhood Team marked property.
This helps the police to reunite owners with their property in the event it is stolen. Should you require any advice on this or similar matters please speak directly with me or your local PCSO.
The Safer Neighbourhood team has recently increased anti-social behaviour patrols in Royston town during which we have seen a number of arrests, fines for disorder, and nearly 50 cans of beer confiscated from those under age or within the Alcohol Free Zone.
You may also want to watch:
This all within the last couple of weeks. These additional patrols will continue and people disrupting the lives of others will have to account for their actions.
Also this month, two people were stopped for driving having consumed excess alcohol.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
We have been conducting roadside controls and checks in Royston and these will continue.
Anyone who is suspected of driving having consumed alcohol could find themselves arrested and disqualified from driving.
The best advice is; simply do not drink alcohol and drive.
I would also like to remind the community that Royston Police Station operates with uniformed police officers working from the station 24-hours-a-day.
Should there be any matter you wish to inform us about we would like to hear from you.
Royston remains a low crime area, and by working together we can ensure that it remains that way.
If any of you want to contact me, please do so on 01438 757926. or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org