ON THE BEAT - SGT PETE FROST
PUBLISHED: 12:56 23 August 2007 | UPDATED: 15:14 12 May 2010
OVER the past two months we have experienced change and have been moving issues forward in the community. With summer holidays continuing, I would like to remind parents that they should be aware of where their children are and what they are doing. Par
OVER the past two months we have experienced change and have been moving issues forward in the community.
With summer holidays continuing, I would like to remind parents that they should be aware of where their children are and what they are doing.
Parents should ensure that children cannot get access to alcohol and that they understand that we all have an obligation to behave responsibly and respect others.
- We have also reminded the public through newspapers such as The Crow that the alcohol banning zone is in place in Royston town centre - and are reminding everyone to adhere to this.
We will confiscate alcohol and enforce this legislation. Last weekend police seized a bag of alcohol from youths in this area.
- We have seen the introduction of the first No Cold Calling Zone for Royston in Mill Road. This has been well received and has already been hailed a success.
We're hoping to implement more of these.
- Two people were detained for shoplifting from Somerfield by PCSO Michelle Trussell.
This demonstrates the important role that PCSO's play helping the police and the community.
- We have also positively dealt with those behaving in an anti-social manner in the town and a number of anti-social behaviour charges have been brought against those behaving inappropriately.
This has included an £80 fine for swearing in the street. This type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
Royston remains a low crime area and by working together we can ensure that it stays that way.
- If any of you want to contact me, then call 01438 757926. or via e-mail at email@example.com
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Royston Crow. Click the link in the orange box above for details.