On the beat
FIRST, for those of you who do not know me, let me introduce myself. I am Neighbourhood sergeant Pete Frost, based at Royston police station. This is the first of a regular column which will appear in The Crow and I hope that my messages will provide the
FIRST, for those of you who do not know me, let me introduce myself. I am Neighbourhood sergeant Pete Frost, based at Royston police station.
This is the first of a regular column which will appear in The Crow and I hope that my messages will provide the wider community with reassurance and updates on how we are tackling issues of concern to the people of Royston and the local communities.
I am delighted to be in this position. Royston is a close-knit community and I hope to build on the excellent relationships we have with the community, which my predecessor Sgt Clive Reader experienced.
We have many initiatives and plans in place to help to continue to make Royston a safe place to live and work.
You may also want to watch:
At the beginning of August we will be launching a No Cold Calling campaign in the Mill Road and Queens Road area as a result of our continuing work with local authorities, Neighbourhood Watch and partner agencies.
We also have plans in place for closed-circuit television cameras in the industrial area and a number of initiatives engaging local youths.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
I will be regularly attending Neighbourhood Watch, town and parish council and community meetings and would actively encourage members of the public to also attend.
- you would like to contact me, you can do so by calling 01438 757926 or alternatively e-mail me at email@example.com