Olympic torch relay in Royston revealed
THE route of Royston’s own Olympic-style torch relay has been revealed.
A replica of the torch will be carried by members of the Royston Runners through the town before the May Fayre.
Club chairman, Maurice Hill, said: “It’s all in hand. I have been round and worked out all the sections and all I have to do is start recruiting members of the club.”
The event was organised after Royston missed out on the official Olympic Torch relay and the final stage of the route will take runners into Priory Gardens to light the ‘Olympic Flame’ and launch the May Fayre.
A variety of events have been organised for the day, which will see the town’s MP Oliver Heald welcome some of the regions sporting stars.
You may also want to watch:
Several displays will also entertain visitors, with shows running from 10am-4.20pm.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand