Oliver Heald meets with English heritage to discuss improvements to Arbury Banks in Ashwell
MP Oliver Heald is hopeful improvements will soon be made to a Bronze Age site in Crow Country. Mr Heald, MP for North East Herts, recently visited Arbury Banks in Ashwell after being contacted by Ashwell Parish Council, which is keen to see the area impr
MP Oliver Heald is hopeful improvements will soon be made to a Bronze Age site in Crow Country.
Mr Heald, MP for North East Herts, recently visited Arbury Banks in Ashwell after being contacted by Ashwell Parish Council, which is keen to see the area improved.
Accompanying Mr Heald were representatives of English Heritage, who have made contact with the land's owners to attempt to reach an agreement on what sort of work can be done.
"It is good to know that some progress is now being made with English Heritage. I am grateful to the parish council for its support to try to improve the condition of this monument," said Mr Heald.
You may also want to watch:
Arbury Banks is a horseshoe-shaped hill fort constructed during the Bronze Age, around the year 600 BC.
It forms part of a band of hill forts across the northern Chilterns, including the forts at Hexton and Wilbury, Letchworth.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people