Olive, 100, to switch on lights
BUNTINGFORD S oldest resident has been given the honour of switching on the town s Christmas lights. Olive Pritchett, pictured, who is 100 years old, and a resident at the Nevetts care home in Bowling Green Lane, will be guest of honour at tomorrow eveni
BUNTINGFORD'S oldest resident has been given the honour of switching on the town's Christmas lights.
Olive Pritchett, pictured, who is 100 years old, and a resident at the Nevetts care home in Bowling Green Lane, will be guest of honour at tomorrow evening's (Friday) event.
Mrs Pritchett, who has lived in Buntingford for 20 years, said: "I'm really delighted to have been given the opportunity to turn on the town's Christmas lights.
"This is an honour as Buntingford is close to my heart. I'm looking forward to it."
You may also want to watch:
The former mayoress of Daventry added: "I will turn 101 next month, and I'm still going strong and enjoying life. I love every minute, and I've still got a lot of living to do yet."
Mrs Pritchett was chosen by the town's chamber of commerce.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
A spokeswoman for the chamber said: "We thought it would be nice to honour a Buntingford resident, and in particular the town's oldest resident."
Deputy town mayor Councillor Jean Cook said: "I'm really looking forward to the lights being switched on, as it's the first time that it has been done. I think it's going to be a great evening."
Mrs Pritchett will join residents and other guests at the Manor House in Buntingford at 7.30pm.