Olive, 100, to switch on lights
BUNTINGFORD S oldest resident has been given the honour of switching on the town s Christmas lights. Olive Pritchett, pictured, who is 100 years old, and a resident at the Nevetts care home in Bowling Green Lane, will be guest of honour at tomorrow eveni
BUNTINGFORD'S oldest resident has been given the honour of switching on the town's Christmas lights.
Olive Pritchett, pictured, who is 100 years old, and a resident at the Nevetts care home in Bowling Green Lane, will be guest of honour at tomorrow evening's (Friday) event.
Mrs Pritchett, who has lived in Buntingford for 20 years, said: "I'm really delighted to have been given the opportunity to turn on the town's Christmas lights.
"This is an honour as Buntingford is close to my heart. I'm looking forward to it."
The former mayoress of Daventry added: "I will turn 101 next month, and I'm still going strong and enjoying life. I love every minute, and I've still got a lot of living to do yet."
Mrs Pritchett was chosen by the town's chamber of commerce.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 8 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 9 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
A spokeswoman for the chamber said: "We thought it would be nice to honour a Buntingford resident, and in particular the town's oldest resident."
Deputy town mayor Councillor Jean Cook said: "I'm really looking forward to the lights being switched on, as it's the first time that it has been done. I think it's going to be a great evening."
Mrs Pritchett will join residents and other guests at the Manor House in Buntingford at 7.30pm.