Safety event for older people at Royston Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is organising an event for older people in Royston, to give advice and information on staying safe.
The Older Persons Active Learning and Safety event will also involve partner agencies such as the police, Age UK, Red Cross, Careline, Trading Standards and more.
Julie Springett, fire prevention co-ordinator for HFRS, said: “Our Older Persons Active Learning and Safety events are a great opportunity to provide help and guidance to older people on how to stay safe and well.
“We especially want to reach out to those who live alone, have mobility issues and don’t get out and about much.”
This completely free session is on Thursday, September 20, from 9.30am until 1.30pm at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Free refreshments and Lunch are provided.
If you are over 65 and would like to attend please get in touch with Julie on 07887 760507 to book your place. Places are limited so get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment. Community transport may be available for those with poor mobility.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange