Safety event for older people at Royston Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is organising an event for older people in Royston, to give advice and information on staying safe.
The Older Persons Active Learning and Safety event will also involve partner agencies such as the police, Age UK, Red Cross, Careline, Trading Standards and more.
Julie Springett, fire prevention co-ordinator for HFRS, said: “Our Older Persons Active Learning and Safety events are a great opportunity to provide help and guidance to older people on how to stay safe and well.
“We especially want to reach out to those who live alone, have mobility issues and don’t get out and about much.”
This completely free session is on Thursday, September 20, from 9.30am until 1.30pm at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Free refreshments and Lunch are provided.
If you are over 65 and would like to attend please get in touch with Julie on 07887 760507 to book your place. Places are limited so get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment. Community transport may be available for those with poor mobility.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire