Safety event for older people at Royston Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is organising an event for older people in Royston, to give advice and information on staying safe.
The Older Persons Active Learning and Safety event will also involve partner agencies such as the police, Age UK, Red Cross, Careline, Trading Standards and more.
Julie Springett, fire prevention co-ordinator for HFRS, said: “Our Older Persons Active Learning and Safety events are a great opportunity to provide help and guidance to older people on how to stay safe and well.
“We especially want to reach out to those who live alone, have mobility issues and don’t get out and about much.”
This completely free session is on Thursday, September 20, from 9.30am until 1.30pm at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Free refreshments and Lunch are provided.
If you are over 65 and would like to attend please get in touch with Julie on 07887 760507 to book your place. Places are limited so get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment. Community transport may be available for those with poor mobility.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well