Older people enjoy Silver Sunday screening at Royston Picture Palace
- Credit: Archant
Older people in Royston have enjoyed a special film showing of classic musical West Side Story at the Royston Picture Palace.
Royston Town Council organised their Silver Sunday 2017 celebration to honour the town’s older residents.
Councillor Lindsay Davidson said: “More than 100 senior citizens took up the invitation and thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon of classic entertainment with a free cup of tea and some delicious cakes beforehand!”
There was free transport for those who needed it, was also funded by Royston Town Council, courtesy of Royston Community Transport.
Mayor Vera Swallow met the guests for a chat before the film started. She told the Crow: “It’s been going a number of years now and it’s great for everyone over 65 to come along.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a nice get together with tea and cake, some people wouldn’t be able to get out on their own and Royston Community Transport were on hand to help them along.
“It’s a real community effort.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm