Ofsted report above average’
ICKNIELD Walk School in Royston has received an above average Ofsted report. All areas of the school were considered to be good including the curriculum, teaching and learning and achievement and standards. Headteacher Marilyn Jones and her deputy were
ICKNIELD Walk School in Royston has received an above average Ofsted report.
All areas of the school were considered to be 'good' including the curriculum, teaching and learning and achievement and standards.
Headteacher Marilyn Jones and her deputy were praised for their leadership, which has enabled the school to improve its provisions. The school is now in a strong position to continue its success and build on improvements.
Andrew Matthews, lead inspector, said: "Children achieve well both academically and personally.
You may also want to watch:
"The school is very good at celebrating children's achievements and encourages the development of their self-esteem through praise and displays.
"By Year 4, they attain above average standards and make good progress through the school.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses