Ofsted praises oustanding’ village school
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership. The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly. Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: Pupils
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership.
The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly.
Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: "Pupils are highly motivated and enjoy school.
"Their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding."
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Maynard Dunlop was also praised for his good leadership.
Ms Pritchard said: "The school is led and managed well. The headteacher and senior management team provide a clear sense of direction and they are very ably supported by the governing body.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 5 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 6 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 7 Woman killed in A1307 lorry crash worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital
- 8 Royston Town edge county cup tie in seven-goal thriller with valiant Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Dance school pupils raise £1,000 to help teenagers with cancer
"There is also a strong sense of teamwork throughout the school. The leadership team has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the school's strengths and areas of development."
Mr Dunlop said: "We were proud and thrilled with the outcome of the inspection. The most important thing for me was the recognition that everyone involved - children, staff, parents and governors - had played their part and that the success was down to teamwork.
"I was also pleased that we were praised for our management of the personal development and well-being of our children as this is a key feature of the school.