Ofsted praises oustanding’ village school
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership. The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly. Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: Pupils
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership.
The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly.
Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: "Pupils are highly motivated and enjoy school.
"Their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding."
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Maynard Dunlop was also praised for his good leadership.
Ms Pritchard said: "The school is led and managed well. The headteacher and senior management team provide a clear sense of direction and they are very ably supported by the governing body.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
"There is also a strong sense of teamwork throughout the school. The leadership team has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the school's strengths and areas of development."
Mr Dunlop said: "We were proud and thrilled with the outcome of the inspection. The most important thing for me was the recognition that everyone involved - children, staff, parents and governors - had played their part and that the success was down to teamwork.
"I was also pleased that we were praised for our management of the personal development and well-being of our children as this is a key feature of the school.