Ofsted praises oustanding’ village school
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership. The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly. Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: Pupils
MELBOURN Primary School has received an outstanding Ofsted report which recognises quality teaching and good leadership.
The behaviour of pupils, teamwork, and special educational needs were all rated very highly.
Inspector Tricia Pritchard, said: "Pupils are highly motivated and enjoy school.
"Their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding."
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Maynard Dunlop was also praised for his good leadership.
Ms Pritchard said: "The school is led and managed well. The headteacher and senior management team provide a clear sense of direction and they are very ably supported by the governing body.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
"There is also a strong sense of teamwork throughout the school. The leadership team has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the school's strengths and areas of development."
Mr Dunlop said: "We were proud and thrilled with the outcome of the inspection. The most important thing for me was the recognition that everyone involved - children, staff, parents and governors - had played their part and that the success was down to teamwork.
"I was also pleased that we were praised for our management of the personal development and well-being of our children as this is a key feature of the school.