Ofsted inspector praises Orwell school's progress
PETERSFIELD Primary School in Orwell is a good school , according to an Ofsted report released this week. The inspector, who visited Petersfield in June, praised leadership and management at the School, as well the progress and behaviour of pupils. Head
PETERSFIELD Primary School in Orwell is a "good school", according to an Ofsted report released this week.
The inspector, who visited Petersfield in June, praised leadership and management at the School, as well the progress and behaviour of pupils.
Head teacher Amanda Tuck said she and the rest of the staff were "delighted" by the report.
"This shows how far the school has come since the last inspection," she said.
You may also want to watch:
In his report the inspector said that "The head teacher's monitoring and evaluation of the school's work, with the support of a strong deputy head teacher, are extremely accurate and realistic."
The quality of teaching was also praised, with the inspector finding that "highly challenging targets" were set for pupils by their teachers, ensuring "max-imum achievement".
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
He particularly acknow-ledged the effectiveness of foundation stage teaching, saying: "The Foundation Stage is managed well. Planning is of a high standard and ensures that teaching in all areas of learning is good."
Pupils make "outstanding contributions to the community, both within and outside school," the report said.
However, it also en-couraged Petersfield to develop further its partnership with parents, and to address incon-sistencies in work.
Mrs Tuck added: "The staff team are excellent and morale is high. This is a school in which everyone knows and understands what good learning is.
"We are all committed to learn together and we have a lot of fun on the way," she said.