Officers keep open mind about second golf club raid
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating two raids on South Cambridgeshire golf clubs are keeping an open mind as to whether the incidents are related.
Burglars struck at the Bourn Golf Club, in Toft Road, on Sunday, August 25, stealing a safe containing cash.
The incident came five days after the shop at Kingsway Golf Centre, Meldreth, was raided, with the offenders smashing their way through the gates of the course and taking golf clubs and other stock worth thousands of pounds.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police, who are investigating both incidents, said officers were “keeping an open mind” as to whether the two break-ins are linked.
At Bourn the intruders, two men, are believed to have used a cream Mini Clubman with a black roof which left in the direction of Bourn.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Andy Bates, who is investigating, said: “I would urge anyone with information about these incidents to come forward.
“I would also ask rsidents to remain vigilant, report anything suspicious and keep an eye out for the stolen safe, which may have been discarded.”
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
Anyone with information on either burglary should contact DC Bates at Cambourne Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.