Officers keep open mind about second golf club raid
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating two raids on South Cambridgeshire golf clubs are keeping an open mind as to whether the incidents are related.
Burglars struck at the Bourn Golf Club, in Toft Road, on Sunday, August 25, stealing a safe containing cash.
The incident came five days after the shop at Kingsway Golf Centre, Meldreth, was raided, with the offenders smashing their way through the gates of the course and taking golf clubs and other stock worth thousands of pounds.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police, who are investigating both incidents, said officers were “keeping an open mind” as to whether the two break-ins are linked.
At Bourn the intruders, two men, are believed to have used a cream Mini Clubman with a black roof which left in the direction of Bourn.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Andy Bates, who is investigating, said: “I would urge anyone with information about these incidents to come forward.
“I would also ask rsidents to remain vigilant, report anything suspicious and keep an eye out for the stolen safe, which may have been discarded.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Anyone with information on either burglary should contact DC Bates at Cambourne Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.