Officer training for cadets
WANNABE RAF officers have successfully completed a flagship training course. The Corporal and Sergeant course, which took place at RAF Brampton, saw five cadets from the 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron, complete the course, which was designed to give candida
WANNABE RAF officers have successfully completed a flagship training course.
The Corporal and Sergeant course, which took place at RAF Brampton, saw five cadets from the 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron, complete the course, which was designed to give candidates a better insight into leadership, presentation and communication skills.
Cadet Sergeants Bradley Baker, Nick Buckle, Adam Kelly, Claire Kelly and Dale Webb all passed the course, and Cadet Sergeant Baker said: "This new course gave me a deeper insight in how to apply yourself to real situations that can occur at the squadron.
"Everyone got involved, everyone contributed to the sessions and we all learnt how to become better junior members of the SNCO team."
You may also want to watch:
Flight Sergeant Chris Cox ATC, Squadron Training Officer said "The skills that these cadets will have gained from the weekend will help them slot into junior manager roles within their Squadrons along with helping to develop Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing.
"What they have learnt will not only benefit them in a cadet environment but will be useful in future employment"
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
For more information on joining the cadets, visit www.2484aircadets.co.uk.