Odsey’s only pub put up for sale
- Credit: Picture: CALLUM ALLCOCK-GREEN
The only pub in Odsey has been put up for sale by its owners.
The Jester Country Inn has been part of the hamlet in the Steeple Morden parish for many years, and has now been listed on the market by owners, British Country Inns, at a price of £550,000.
In October last year, punters expressed concerns about the owners “running it into the ground”.
In 2017, British Country Inns submitted a planning application to knock down the pub and replace it with six houses, but it, and the subsequent appeal, were refused.
John Courtney, who has been a regular at The Jester for 14 years, told the Crow: “I want to see the Jester return to the vibrant pub, restaurant and function venue it once was, it is a large building with great potential.
You may also want to watch:
“In the hands of the right people it could once again be a destination rather than just another pub to drive by.”
Search for Odsey under commercial properties on rightmove.co.uk to view it.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash